As of 2/1/2020, The original .Net 4.5 multi-file SDK has been deprecated. Our Visual Studio SDK consists of a a single library with documentation of all the device API calls. There are builds provided for .Net 4.8, .Net Standard 2.1, Net 6.0, and .Net 7.0, allowing it to work across multiple platforms.
- This is a single file SDK now (IDTechSDK.dll). There are additional system dependencies that will be part of the NuGet installation process.
- The minimum .Net standard is 4.8.
- The SDK libraries will be maintained on NuGet. Additional documentation and source code files will be maintained on this page.
Current Standard SDK package available on NuGet: IDTechSDK_STD
In Visual Studio, right-click on your project and select "Manage NuGet packages...". Browse for "IDTechSDK_STD" and select/install the latest version available. This will also install the required dependency Newtonsoft.Json, IDTechSDK_RemoteClientModel, and NLog.
Not using NuGet for Visual Studio reference management?
If you are not using NuGet and would like to manually add IDTechSDK.dll to your project, please follow the following steps:
- Navigate to the NuGet page for IDTechSDK_STD
- Under Version History, select the version you would like to download. Unless special circumstances, you should always use the latest version at the top of the list.
- On the Info links on the right side of the page, select "Download package"
- This will download the NuGet package idtechsdk_std.x.x.x.xxx.nupkg
- Rename the download exension from .nupkg to .zip. This will mark the download as a .zip archive
- Uncompress the .zip archive
- The four versions of the IDTechSDK.dll library are in the lib folder. Use the version best suited for your project's targeted .Net version.
- The IDTechSDK.dll has a dependency on additional libraries. You will also need to download and add additional dependencies to your project using the same steps above.